The Peligoni Crèche offers a safe haven for our youngest guests aged 3 months to 3 years whilst for slightly older children, we offer a varied and engaging programme of activities in partnership with children’s entertainers, Sharky & George.
Children, aged four and five, who are either about to start Reception or who have just completed Reception can join our ‘Rugrats’. With activities run by Peligoni staff, they will have their own activity schedule, joining Sharky & George activities where appropriate.
We are looking for an experienced Childcare Professional, who can curate and lead a range of engaging and exciting activities for our Rugrats, ensuring just the right balance of action, activity, support and space to learn.
How It Works
A typical day will involve 3 or 4 activities each day which will take place within the crèche and in different areas of the club and children can join in as and when they want to.
Sharky & George join us in May half term and the high season months of July and August and are a fantastic addition for children aged 5-11 years. Where appropriate our younger guests may join in with some of their activities.
During the low season, whilst the majority of our younger guests tend to be under 5, there may be a few older ones and we do not want anyone to feel left out. Our Rugrats Leader will need to consider everyone when creating and leading activities to ensure everyone is catered for.
In addition to fun-packed days, kids tea is offered four days a week during high season as well as a range of evening options including a creative tie-dye night and two ‘party’ nights which include a special Peligoni talent show and a disco in the den.
Who We Are Looking For
This is a fantastic opportunity for a childcare professional who is looking for a job they love, in a stunning environment and perhaps who is looking for their next challenge with some added responsibility.
We need someone who is flexible and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that our younger guests have an unforgettable holiday. During low season, depending on the number of Rugrats we have on any given week, you will be expected to help out in the Peligoni Crèche.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Ensure our young guests receive the highest level of care
- Create and develop a happy, safe and stimulating environment
- Plan a variety of age appropriate indoor and outdoor activities each week
- Record keeping, where necessary
- Maintain a high level standard of health and safety
- Carry out detailed risk assessments
- Be responsible for daily cleaning and regular deep clean of equipment
- Assist in the crèche as and when required
- Communicate effectively with other departments who assist with the childcare operation
- Communicate effectively with parents
- Host kids tea during high season
- Host evening activities
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Creative and energetic
- Fun and outgoing
- Confident and assertive
- Safety conscious
- Patient and sympathetic by nature
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well on your own, as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Present a ‘can do’ attitude
- Level 3 CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education, or equivalent qualification
- Proven experience working with children aged 4 & 5
- Full Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- DBS Certificate
- Strong swimmer
- Available for the whole season (May-September)
- UK/EU Passport holder and/or valid visa
- A full UK/EU Driving License is desirable