The Peli Deli Kitchen offers a laid back alternative to our busy club restaurants where our guests can enjoy simple food, done well, whilst enjoying views of the Ionian Sea. Open daily, our deli team prepare a variety of dishes from Ottolenghi-style salads to homemade quiches, open sandwiches to charcuterie boards and delicious pizza and pasta, all alongside daily specials that take advantage of fresh, local produce.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals to take responsibility for our shopping and delivery services. With our refrigerated delivery van for transportation, our Shopkeepers, under the guidance of our Deli Manager, are responsible for ordering and processing all shopping requests. This includes picking, packing and delivering shopping to our guests villas, assisting with any special requests and unpacking shopping into the villa kitchens before guest arrival.
In addition to fresh fruits, vegetables and homemade produce, The Peli Deli also stocks a number of groceries and essentials and operates much like your local supermarket delivery service. Our guests have the option to pre-order shopping before their arrival and so each week our Shopkeepers carefully pick and pack shopping lists and stock guest villas with care and attention to provide the perfect welcome to a home-away-from-home.
A 2 minute drive from the club, the Deli not only welcomes our guests, but is also open to walk-ins and visitors to the local port. The team here is comprised of Deli Assistants, Deli Chefs and Shopkeepers; all working together to provide those extra special in-villa touches that make a Peligoni holiday so special.
In addition to shopping services the Shopkeepers are also responsible for our Petit Peligoni service; a range of baby and toddler essential equipment that can be rented for the week. Other responsibilities include delivering breakfast hampers and water to villas in the mornings and putting together top-up shopping orders throughout the week.
This role requires a large amount of driving so our Shopkeepers must be safe, confident drivers, with experience driving in mainland Europe on irregular and often uneven road surfaces. This is a challenging role for those who have a keen eye for detail, like to work as part of a small team and enjoy a healthy split of both back of house and front of house responsibilities.
- Key holder responsibilities including opening up and closing down, ensuring the Deli is secure at all times
- Stock ordering and management, in coordination with the Deli Head Chef
- Picking, organising, weighing and packaging items ready to deliver as shopping
- Maintaining Petit Peligoni equipment and packages, delivering it to the appropriate villa and then collecting it after the guests stay
- Deliver shopping to the villas over the weekend, and top up shops as requested during the week
- Delivering hampers to the villas as and when required
- Providing the daily water delivery service to those villas which have booked it
- Provide a warm and welcoming environment and deliver a high standard of customer service
- Greeting guests, offering shopping advice
- Maintain excellent communication with the Deli Manager, Deli Head Chef, guest relations team and Accounts Manager in relation to guests’ shopping lists
- Ensure all shopping, water deliveries and Petit Peligoni packages are billed correctly
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Assist in other areas of the Deli where and when required
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Be highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Be a safe, confident and experienced driver
- Have excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience of working in a similar environment
- Safe and experienced driver
- Experience of driving in Europe
- Minimum age 23 (for insurance purposes)
- Strong numeric, administrative and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May – September/October)
- Full European driving license
- EU Passport Holder