The Peli Deli offers a laid back alternative to our busy club restaurants where our guests can enjoy simple food, done well, whilst enjoying views of the Ionian Sea. As well as serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, the Deli also stocks an array of homemade produce and dishes that are ready for guests to take back to their villa and put straight on the barbeque.
Open daily, our deli team prepare a variety of dishes from Ottolenghi-style salads to homemade quiches, open sandwiches to charcuterie boards and delicious pizza and pasta, all alongside daily specials that take advantage of fresh, local produce.
In addition to fresh fruits, vegetables and homemade produce, The Peli Deli also stocks a number of supermarket essentials and operates much like your local supermarket delivery service. Our guests have the option to pre-order shopping before their arrival and so each week our Shopkeepers carefully pick and pack shopping lists and stock guest villas with care and attention to provide the perfect welcome to a home-away-from-home. Alternatively guests can drop by the Deli when they get to the club and throughout the week for a top up of their favourite snacks.
A 2 minute drive from the club, the Deli not only welcomes our guests, but is also open to walk-ins and visitors to the local port. The team here is comprised of Deli & Villas Hosts, Deli Chefs and Shopkeepers; all working together to provide those extra special in-villa touches that make a Peligoni holiday so special.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a team of two highly motivated individuals to take responsibility for our shopping and delivery services. With our refrigerated delivery van for transportation, our Shopkeepers, under the guidance of our Deli Manager, are responsible for ordering and processing all shopping requests. This includes picking, packing and delivering shopping to our guests villas, assisting with any special requests and unpacking shopping into the villa kitchens before guest arrival.
In addition to shopping services the Shopkeepers will also be responsible for our Petit Peligoni service; a range of baby and toddler essential equipment that can be rented for the week. This includes preparing and sterilising equipment, delivering it to the appropriate villa and then collecting it after the guests stay. More information about Petit Peligoni can be found here.
Other responsibilities include delivering hampers of delicious meals for our guests to enjoy in the comfort of their villa, assisting the team with preparing villas for an evening hosting and putting together top-up shopping orders throughout the week.
This role requires a large amount of driving so our Shopkeepers must be safe, confident drivers, with experience driving in mainland Europe on irregular and often uneven road surfaces.
This is a challenging role for those who have a keen eye for detail, like to work as part of a small team and enjoy a healthy split of both back of house and front of house responsibilities.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Work closely with the deli team with the day to day running of The Peli Deli
- Have an intimate knowledge of the island, villa locations and be able to discuss and recommend popular spots
- Key holder responsibilities including opening up and closing down, ensuring the Deli is secure at all times
- Stock ordering and management, in coordination with the Deli Head Chef
- Picking, organising, weighing and packaging items ready to deliver as shopping
- Drive around the villas delivering shopping, hampers and Petit Peligoni packages
- Provide a warm and welcoming environment and deliver a high standard of customer service
- Greeting guests, offering shopping advice
- Maintain excellent communication with the Deli Manager, Deli Head Chef, guest relations team and Accounts Manager in relation to guests’ shopping lists
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Be responsible for the daily cleaning rota, deep clean of shop area and completion of daily records for health and safety
- Ensure any maintenance issues are reported and dealt with in a timely manner
- Cash handling, float management and till reconciliation
- Assist in other areas of the Deli where and when required
- Assist with villa hostings and special events
- Actively upsell and work to meet weekly targets
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Be highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Be a safe, confident and experienced driver
- Have excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Have excellent timekeeping and reliability
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience of working in a shop/grocer environment
- Safe and experienced driver
- Experience of driving in Europe
- Minimum age 23 (for insurance purposes)
- Strong numeric, administrative and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- Full UK driving license
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa