Odyssey is our beautiful, bespoke, 55ft wooden vintage yacht that was built in the Peloponnese in the early ’70s. Ideal for short-distance day trips, its atmospheric wooden deck is ideal for exploring the sea and a great way for families and friends to spend some quality time together.
We are looking for a charismatic Skipper to deliver unforgettable trips along the stunning Zakynthian coastline and look after Odyssey as if it were their own.
Odyssey can be hired for the morning, afternoon, or the entire day. Crewed by a Skipper and First Mate, guests will be served with delicious food and drinks whilst on board. They will have the opportunity to stop for a swim in the Ionian Sea and perhaps go for a paddleboard too.
As well as ensuring that all of our guests have a memorable time on board Odyssey, the Skipper is also responsible for the general upkeep of the boat and maintaining good relationships with the local port authorities.
Who We Are Looking For
This is a fantastic opportunity for a competent Skipper either looking to gain further experience or for someone who has perhaps spent time on flotillas and is looking for a new challenge. They will have a positive, can-do attitude and as a representative of Peligoni, they will be professional, polite and always willing to help.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of Odyssey, in accordance with MCA regulations
- Host morning, afternoon and all day trips for up to 10 guests
- Ensure all trips are billed to guest accounts correctly at the end of each day
- Host weekly trips for teens, in coordination with the Teen Leaders
- Communicate effectively with the Reception and Guest Relations team, ensuring that all bookings are managed correctly
- Ensure Odyssey is always ready and well presented for charter
- Assist the First Mate with providing drink and meal service on board
- General maintenance and upkeep of Odyssey
- Actively promote and up-sell Odyssey trips
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Competent skipper
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated, proactive and highly organised
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Commercially Endorsed RYA Yachtmaster Offshore
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Basic Sea Survival
- ENG 1 or ML5
- RYA Marine Radio Short Range Certificate (SRC)
- Working knowledge of routine yacht maintenance
- Competent swimmer
- Proven experience in a similar position
- Previous hospitality experience is desirable
- Available for the full season (May – October)
- Full driving license is desirable
- EU Passport Holder