With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food is an integral part of their holiday. Our kitchen team provide an array of interesting varied meal options to suit all tastes, across three busy restaurants focusing mainly on a mix of Mediterranean and Modern European cuisine. We also host a number of weekly events, including a Food Festival with ‘street food’ style pop ups and family feasts.
We are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to support our Head Chef with the running of our busy restaurants and events and to motivate the kitchen team to produce consistent, good quality dishes throughout the summer season.
This is a challenging, yet rewarding role for a talented sous chef looking to broaden their experience in a stunning environment. They will need to be self-motivated and pro-active, able to lead a small team and have a real passion for what they do.
The Club is home to two busy restaurants: The Terraces seats around 80 covers with a menu featuring Mediterranean inspired dishes and Tasi provides an informal setting with bistro-style dishes which can be enjoyed with a bottle of wine and a stunning view of the Ionian sea. The Peli Deli Kitchen offers a laid back alternative to our busy club restaurants where our guests can enjoy simple food, done well and is a just a two minute drive away.
Breakfast is a balance of healthy options and old favourites served in Tasi. Lunch starts from midday and is one of the busiest times of day – during peak season we host as many as 300 guests over lunchtime. Lunch is available in all three restaurants with menus focused on family dining, offering something for all, including healthy superfood salads, homemade pasta, delicious grilled dishes and sourdough pizzas with nutritious meals for our smallest guests being available all day. During our busiest times, one of our chefs will host their own ‘pop-up’ by the decks offering a quick and tasty alternative to a sit-down lunch.
Throughout the low season we also host our Guest Chef Series. Now in it’s fifth year, accomplished chefs join us each week working directly with our kitchen team to showcase their talent and produce a delicious and exciting menu to dazzle foodie fans, staff and guests alike. In previous years we have be joined by Ellis Barrie, Jackson Boxer, Neil Rankin, Tom Brown, James Cochran, Romy Gill, Tim Siadatan and Gill Meller, to name a few.
With our regular weekly agenda, the Guest Chef Series and a sprinkling of weddings and private parties throughout the season, there is plenty for our kitchen team to get stuck into.
- Work with the Head Chef to oversee the restaurants and to deliver all food related events on our weekly agenda
- Assist the Head Chef with preparations and service for weddings and events as and when required
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Communicate effectively with the Head Chef to manage ordering requirements
- Work with the Head Chef to maintain profit margins and minimise waste
- Contribute to the creation of new menus and dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to specific standards
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
Abilities & Expectations
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to keep a team motivated in a high pressured environment
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting new dishes
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, proactive and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Up to date Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a chef in a full-service restaurant
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a supervisory role
- Experience in a 2 Rosette restaurant is desirable
- Available for the full season (May – October)
- EU Passport Holder