The Peligoni Club is a holiday destination for all ages, but we know that family holidays with teenagers can be a difficult balancing act for parents to get right. At Peligoni, teens can dip in and out of activities, make new friends or spend time with their families – it’s totally up to them.
We are looking for inspiring Teen Leaders to encourage our young guests to get to know one another, embrace new things and get as much enjoyment out of their holiday as possible.
Teens at Peligoni
Peligoni is a place where teens can roam free, mingle with other guests and make their own fun without feeling like they are constantly being monitored. Our Teen Leaders will subtly encourage them to get involved in daily activities and make new friends without it feeling too much like forced, organised fun.
These activities might include a thrilling Ringo Rampage, a tennis tournament, a SUP safari or a chilled evening playing cards over dinner. Each week will vary depending on the ages of the children and it is the role of our Teen Leaders to ensure there is always something for everyone from age 11+ to take part in.
Who We Are Looking For
This is a fantastic opportunity for young professionals with experience of working with children and teenagers, perhaps as a sports or activity leader, who are looking to gain additional experience whilst working in a beautiful environment. We need individuals who are creative, enthusiastic, self-motivated, able to inspire and encourage our teenage guests.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Greet our teenage guests on their arrival and make them feel welcome
- Plan a variety of age and group size appropriate activities each week
- Communicate the activity programme effectively with guests and the rest of the team
- Communicate effectively with parents where necessary
- Host evening activities
- Assist other departments where and when required
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Passionate about working with young people
- Creative, energetic, fun and outgoing
- Confident and assertive
- Safety conscious
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well on your own, as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Present a ‘can do’ attitude
- Sports or activity leader qualification
- Experience in a childcare or sports/activity leadership setting with teenagers
- Strong swimmer
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- DBS Certificate is desirable (or equivalent)
- Available for the Peak Season (July – September)