Tennis has always been a big part of Peligoni, and with private coaching, group tennis clubs and a weekly Wimbledon style tournament, there are plenty of ways for guests to enjoy this much-loved summer sport during their holiday. We are looking for an inspiring and energetic coach to lead our tennis offering.
Social and challenging, tennis is a brilliant way for our guests to keep active on holiday. Our Tennis Coach offers a daily programme of group classes, catering to all ages and abilities as well as private coaching for individuals and small groups. It is also the responsibility of the Tennis Coach to ensure that the court is always well maintained and kit is kept in excellent condition.
When not on the court, they will be expected to take on other duties, such as assisting our childcare team or helping out in the restaurant at lunchtime. This is a great opportunity to meet guests and promote the tennis programme and to interact with the rest of the Peligoni team.
This is an ideal role for someone with a real passion for tennis and coaching people of all ages. They need to be able to manage their own time effectively and will have a positive, can-do attitude; as a representative of Peligoni, they will be professional, polite and always willing to help.
- Organise and promote a group tennis class schedule that caters for guests of all ages, abilities and fitness levels
- Work closely with the reception team to ensure they are fully briefed on the tennis schedule
- Actively promote the tennis coaching service
- Provide a high standard of private tuition to individuals and small groups
- Maintain all tennis equipment
- Ensure the court is well maintained and well presented at all times
- Contribute to the development of the tennis offering
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Maintain online schedule
- Ensure billing is completed accurately
- Work closely with senior management to organise time effectively
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Passionate about coaching
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated, proactive and highly organised
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Lawn Tennis Association Level 2/3 Coach qualification or equivalent
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Previous coaching experience, with both adults and children of different abilities
- Previous experience in hospitality or a similar environment is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-October)
- UK/EU Passport Holder