Our staff are the heart and soul of the club and the restaurant teams are no exception. From bustling lunch services to sophisticated dinner parties, chilled tapas nights to fast paced food festival fun, our Waiting Staff are hard workers, enthusiastic foodies and efficient team players, with a keen eye for detail who create a welcoming and fun atmosphere that will add to a truly special Peligoni holiday.
With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food is an integral part of their holiday and our team of Waiting Staff are at the forefront. The Club is home to two busy restaurants: The Terraces, open for lunch and dinner, seats around 80 covers with a menu featuring dishes cooked on the barbeque and fire table. Tasi is open daily for breakfast, serving a balance of healthy options and old favourites and also provides an informal setting for lunch with Mediterranean bistro-style dishes which can be enjoyed with a bottle of wine and a stunning view of the Ionian sea.
The most recent addition to the Peligoni family is Mikro Nisi, a short drive along the coast from the club – a modern Greek fish taverna open for lunch and dinner daily with a sharing, mezze style menu inspired by local ingredients and it’s seafront setting.
Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night. The Courtyard hosts weekly events including our family barbeque and food festival nights: open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls where our chefs produce creative and tasty street food. In addition to our usual weekly agenda we also host guest chef evenings, private parties and weddings that all require an extra eye for detail.
With plenty of variety in food service and events we are looking for a versatile team of Waiting Staff, who are capable of managing their own section, confident with coffee and wine, comfortable making recommendations and most importantly a team who will enjoy talking to our guests and getting to know them throughout the week.
- Greet guests in a friendly, yet professional manner
- Introduce guests to the menu and advise on any daily specials
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the menu and answer any questions guests may have
- Understand different dietary requirements and food allergies
- Set tables and ensure the restaurants are ready for service
- Take orders for food and drink
- Communicate effectively with the bar and kitchen teams
- Prepare drinks where necessary
- Serve guests efficiently with food and drink orders
- Ensure that guests are happy and deliver a consistently high level of service
- Clear tables and ensure guest areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Prepare bills and assign them to guest accounts accurately
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Assist with special events
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A minimum of 1 years experience of working in a busy restaurant environment
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems
- Previous cash handling experience
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- EU Passport Holder
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HOLD AN EU PASSPORT