We are looking for a fun and energetic team, keen to share their passion for the water with guests of all ages and to inspire, motivate and reassure them in order to help them reach their potential. Our waterfront team have always been integral to creating the vibrant and welcoming atmosphere that our guests have come to know and love – enthusiasm, confidence, a can-do attitude and a great sense of humour are a must.
Our coastal location is ideal for watersports and with the breezy nature of the afternoons, we also have fantastic calm, flat water in the mornings. The water ski and wakeboard team operates from 7am every morning to take advantage of the very best conditions Zakynthos has to offer, for as long as the weather permits, resuming in the evening if the wind dies off.
Sessions are offered throughout the morning for guests of all abilities from veteran skiers to children learning for the first time. As the conditions begin to change in the afternoon, we offer crazy sofa and ringo rides, which are popular with guests of all ages.
All of our instructors are certified by BWSW as either drivers or instructors. The beach team as a whole are the life and soul of the club, with outgoing can-do attitudes to inspire the young and give confidence to the nervous.
All of our motorised watersports are extremely popular and our Mastercrafts get booked up very quickly. The ski team must ensure that the boats are always well maintained and kept in excellent working order to avoid any disappointed guests.
We are looking for enthusiastic Water Ski and Wakeboard Instructors to join our team and deliver fun, engaging and safe lessons to guests of all ages and abilities.
- Provide a high level of safety and instruction
- Deliver daily water skiing and wakeboarding instruction and coaching
- Man the ski reception and work closely with the reception team to manage an online schedule
- Meet and greet guests in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Regularly refuel ski boats
- Assist with other duties on the beach including kayak and SUP activities, covering safety and helping with the club’s weekly regatta
- Daily maintenance and upkeep of the ski boats
- Provide support to the childcare team when they are carrying out water-based activities.
- Ensure clear communications to both guests and other departments about current conditions
- Implement and participate in a ‘bad weather’ programme
- When required, participate in evening events in the club, including the weekly beach team ‘skit’
- Ensuring that billing is completed accurately by the end of each day
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Situationally aware and forward thinking boat handling
- Passionate about watersports and coaching
- Safety conscious
- Fun and outgoing
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Have a strong understanding of, and the ability to adjust to weather/sea conditions
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- UKCC Level 2 Water Ski & Wakeboard Coaching qualification
- Ski Boat Driver Level 2
- A minimum of 1 years (or 1 seasons) experience of driving & coaching
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 and RYA Safety Boat are desirable
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- International Certificate of Competence (ICC)
- Confident swimmer
- Proven experience of coaching in a watersports centre
- Proven experience of coaching children
- Practical experience of kayaking and stand up paddleboarding is desirable
- Available for the full season (May – September/October) or peak season (late June – early September)
- UK/EU Passport Holder