With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food is an integral part of their holiday. Our kitchen team provide an array of exciting varied meal options to suit all tastes.
We are revamping our food and beverage offering this summer with two exciting new restaurant concepts. Our terraces seat around 80 covers and will be home to a menu featuring Mediterranean inspired dishes, prepared from an open air kitchen where chefs show off their culinary skills and families gather to dine in style.
The main bar will provide an informal setting for a variety of delicate small plates. Food arrives as it is ready, Venitian cicchetti in style. Guests can order as little or as much as they like, spend hours relaxing with a bottle of wine and good company, or grab a quick bite before heading out onto the water.
Food at Peligoni
Breakfast is a balance of healthy options and old favourites served in the main bar area. Early-risers and families with young children typically start arriving for breakfast from 8am and service continues throughout the morning with guests surfacing up until 11am.
Lunch starts from midday and is one of the busiest times of day – during peak season we host as many as 300 guests over lunchtime. Lunch is available in both restaurants as well as from an additional ‘pop up kitchen’ during the week offering quick meals for those who wish to grab and go. Lunchtime menus focus on family dining, offering something for all, including healthy superfood salads and delicious sourdough pizzas with nutritious meals for our smallest guests being available all day.
Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night and our dining options reflects this. The Courtyard, a recent addition to our events space, hosts weekly events including our family festival nights. Open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls where our chefs produce creative and tasty street food. On Fridays we celebrate the week with a huge dinner party: large communal tables with family style sharing platters is the perfect way to finish a Peligoni holiday.
Throughout the low season we also host our Guest Chef Series; accomplished chefs join us each week working directly with our kitchen team to showcase their talent and produce a delicious and exciting menu to dazzle foodie fans, staff and guests alike.
With our regular weekly agenda, the Guest Chef Series and a sprinkling of weddings and private parties throughout the season, there is plenty for our kitchen team to get stuck into.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a team of experienced chefs to take on the challenge of running our busy restaurants, whether based in our prep kitchen or out on the front producing quality dishes, our chefs are team players looking for a challenge who love what they do and are excited to share it with our guests.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Manage a section within the kitchen
- Work with the Head Chef and Sous Chef to maintain profit margins and minimise waste
- Effectively communicate ordering requirements with the Head Chef and Sous Chef
- Contribute to the creation of new menus and dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to specific standards
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting new dishes
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, proactive and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a chef in a full-service restaurant
- Experience in a fast-paced tapas style restaurant is desirable
- Experience in a 2 Rosette restaurant is desirable
- Available for either the full season (May-September) or peak season (July & August)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa