At Peligoni Operations Limited, your privacy is important to us. Here you can find useful information on how your data and details are protected when you supply them to us.
So that we’re clear and there’s no misunderstanding about how we handle your personal data, we will:
- Use your data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collect your personal data for a specific, explicit and legitimate purpose.
- Only process and retain data that is relevant and necessary.
- Only retain data for as long as is necessary.
- Always keep your data safe and private.
- Never sell your data.
WHAT DOES THIS POLICY COVER?
Peligoni Operations Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when completing your application or speaking to us, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Peligoni Operations Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page and you should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 26 May 2018.
WHO ARE WE?
Peligoni Operations Ltd is a privately-owned UK company specialising in recruitment and operations at our partner company in Greece.
Any personal information provided to or gathered by us is controlled by Peligoni Operations Ltd (“Peli Ops”, “We”, “Us), a company registered in England at: Unit 11, The Glass House, 49A Goldhawk Road, London. Registered number: 09988576.
HOW DO WE STORE & PROTECT YOUR DATA?
Data security is of the utmost importance to us and we are committed to ensuring information we collect from you is secure. We have internal policies along with physical and electronic controls to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed. These controls include:
- Application & database encryption
- Individual file encryption
- Secure premises
- Secure IT equipment
Applicant and employee data is stored using an Application Tracking and Management System and other IT systems, including email – all of which are password protected and only accessible to employees of Peli Ops who need access in the performance of reviewing and processing your application.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
“Submitted Information” is information that you provide to us when completing an application form on our website, submitting your CV (or other personal documents), completing questionnaires we may send you and by corresponding with us (for example by phone or email).
As such we may collect some or all of the following data from you:
- Name and contact information including telephone number and email address;
- information about your nationality and entitlement to work in the EU;
- copies of identification documents such as passport and driving license;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history, including start and end dates, with previous employers;
- any information you share with us during an interview;
- any other important information relating to your application.
“Device Information” is information automatically received by us when you use the website, access our marketing information or contact us by email or phone. We may also use software tools such as Google Analytics to measure and collect session information, length of visits to certain pages, repeat visits and page interaction information (such as clicks and mouse movements).
As such we may collect some or all of the following data from you:
- The domain and IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet; your computer, browser, operating system, internet connection, referral information, search terms and other standard information collected by default by tools such as Google Analytics.
- Telephone information including phone numbers, call duration and call recordings that we use for training and quality control.
- Third party information about you from other sources which we may add to our account information.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR DATA?
We must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our “Legitimate Interest” to use it. We require this information in order to:
- to verify your identity to protect against fraud and to confirm your eligibility for employment;
- to notify you about updates to your application;
- to assess, review and make decisions regarding your application;
- to carry out reference checks;
- to carry out background checks, where applicable, using the Disclosure & Barring Service.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contractual agreement which you enter into with ourselves;
- to contact you for research purposes;
- to keep records related to our recruitment processes;
- to be able to consider you for future employment opportunities.
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
WHAT DO WE MEAN WHEN WE SAY?
This means the interest of ours as a business in conducting and managing Pelgioni Operations Limited to enable us to consider your application, and offer the most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to do so by law).
Fulfilling A Contract
This means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Our Legal Obligation
This means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
In order to verify your eligibility for the position you have applied for and to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, we may need to disclose some of your information to:
- Our sister company, Peligoni Club EPE (ΠΕΛΙΓΟΝΙ ΤΟΥΡΙΣΤΙΚΗ Μ. Ε.Π.Ε., Registered company number EL999519639) in Greece, where you will be seconded to as a condition of your contract of employment;
- National Governing Bodies for the purpose of verifying your qualifications;
- Disclosure & Barring Service for the purpose of background checks;
- Suppliers and subcontractors supporting or delivering our services including hosting, IT support, advertising platforms, booking systems, cloud-based software used by us, accountants and law firms.
Where the company engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and company measures to ensure the security of data.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are legally obligated to do so.
Your Legal Rights
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the company to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the company to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where the company is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing;
- ask the company to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the company’s legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Data Controller at Peligoni Operations Ltd, Unit 11 The Glasshouse, 49A Goldhawk Road, London, W1 8QP2 by emailing email@example.com.
If you believe that the company has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
WHAT IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to the company during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, the company may not be able to process your application.
RETAINING YOUR INFORMATION
The company will hold your personal data for the duration of the application process. When submitting your application we will ask your permission to keep your information on the basis that a further employment opportunity may arise. This data will be kept for a period of two years after the end of that year’s application process.
If you are successful, your information will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new employee privacy notice.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
Our recruitment processes are not based solely on automated decision-making.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We use social buttons to enable users to share content and connect to social networks easily. These buttons include: Instagram and Facebook (like). These buttons use scripts outside of our website and these sites may collect information about you as well as registering an action on a social network. If you are logged into their services, these sites may even register where you are visiting even if you don’t click a button. You should check the respective policies of these social network sites.