With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food is an integral part of their holiday and our team of Waiting Staff are at the forefront.
Last summer we revamped food at Peligoni with the introduction of two exciting new restaurant concepts. This year, we’re going a step further and creating a third dining space in our stunning Courtyard which will feature a variety of barbeque dishes cooked over an open fire complemented by freshly prepared salads and sides.
The Terraces seat around 80 covers and is home to a menu featuring Mediterranean inspired dishes, prepared from an open air kitchen where chefs show off their culinary skills and families gather to dine in style.
Tasi provides an informal setting for a variety of delicate small plates. Food arrives as it is ready, Venitian cicchetti in style. Guests can order as little or as much as they like, spend hours relaxing with a bottle of wine and good company, or grab a quick bite before heading out onto the water.
Food at Peligoni
Breakfast is a balance of healthy options and old favourites served in Tasi. Early-risers and families with young children typically start arriving for breakfast from 8am and service continues throughout the morning with guests surfacing up until 11am.
Lunch starts from midday and is one of the busiest times of day – during peak season we host as many as 300 guests over lunchtime. Lunch is available in all three restaurant with menus focused on family dining, offering something for all, including healthy superfood salads, homemade pasta, delicious grilled dishes and sourdough pizzas with nutritious meals for our smallest guests being available all day.
Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night and our dining options reflect this. The Courtyard hosts weekly events including our family barbeque and food festival nights: open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls where our chefs produce creative and tasty street food.
In addition to our usual weekly agenda we also host guest chef evenings, private parties and weddings that all require an extra eye for detail.
Who We Are Looking For
With plenty of variety in food service and events we are looking for a versatile team of Waiting Staff, who are capable of managing their own section, confident with coffee and wine, comfortable making recommendations and most importantly a team who will enjoy talking to our guests and getting to know them throughout the week.
Our staff are the heart and soul of the club and the restaurant teams are no exception. From bustling lunch services to sophisticated dinner parties, chilled tapas nights to fast paced food festival fun, our Waiting Staff are hard workers, enthusiastic foodies, efficient team players, with a keen eye for detail who create a welcoming and fun atmosphere that will add to a truly special Peligoni holiday.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Greet guests in a friendly, yet professional manner
- Introduce guests to the menu and advise on any daily specials
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the menu and answer any questions guests may have
- Understand different dietary requirements and food allergies
- Set tables and ensure the restaurants are ready for service
- Take orders for food and drink
- Communicate effectively with the bar, kitchen and beach service teams
- Prepare drinks
- Serve guests efficiently with food and drink orders
- Ensure that guests are happy and deliver a consistently high level of service
- Clear tables and ensure guest areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Prepare bills and assign them to guest accounts accurately
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Assist other areas of the food and beverage departments when and where required
- Assist with villa hosting and special events
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- A minimum of 1 years experience of working in a busy restaurant environment
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems
- Previous cash handling experience
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September) or peak season (July & August)