From bustling lunch services to sophisticated dinner parties, chilled tapas nights to fast paced party night fun our bar staff are talented, enthusiastic party starters who love what they do and are excited to share it with our guests.
With something different happening every evening and with plenty of variety in styles of service, our bar team have a lot to focus on. We are looking for experienced and talented individuals to take the lead, deliver high standards and keep our bar team motivated, whilst upholding an element of fun and the vibrant and welcoming atmosphere that our guests know and love.
With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food and drink are an integral part of their holiday. Our four bars provide something for everyone, with our team serving a variety of healthy smoothies and juices, indulgent cocktails and plenty of cool, crisp rosé, whilst being the perfect hosts and getting to know our guests.
The Driftwood Bar is at the heart of the club: dispensing drinks for our restaurants during breakfast, lunch and dinner service as well as entertaining guests into the small hours. Our Pool Bar is a great place to hang out at any time of day – guests can swim right up to the bar and enjoy a glass of rosé or a cold beer whilst relaxing in the sun and listening to laid back summer sounds.
The Yard Bar, close to the beach, is a buzzing afternoon spot, where guests can let their hair down after a day out on the water or seek some shade after a day soaking up the sun. And then we have The Courtyard, a beautiful space surrounded by lemon trees and olive groves, perfect for events: cocktail receptions, party night dinners, wedding breakfasts, Guest Chef feasts and family festival nights. Open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls once a week where kids run around and make new friends and everyone enjoys a laid back evening of live music and tasty street food. With something different happening every evening, there’s never a dull moment.
We are looking for an energetic and versatile team of bar staff, capable of making a perfect cup of coffee, building a delicious cocktail and recommending a unique wine from our cellar. Our staff are the heart of The Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique; we need people who are hard-working but who also have great interpersonal skills allowing them to build relationships with guests and really make their holiday.
- Assist the Bar Manager with the day to day running of the club bars
- Ensure bars are fully stocked and prepared for service and events
- Brief the bar team before a service and event, ensuring the team are allocated to the appropriate sections
- When working a ‘close’, ensure the club is safely and securely closed
- Meet and greet guests and ensure they are all well looked after
- Provide table service at the appropriate times
- Preparation of drinks, including cocktails, coffees, smoothies and fresh juices
- Ensure drinks are dispensed correctly, efficiently and meet the company standard
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Collect and clean glasses, clear tables and ensure guest areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met both front of house and back of house
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the drinks menu and answer any questions guests may have
- Provide support to the restaurant team during meal service
- Assist other areas of the food and beverage departments when and where required
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Ability to confidently converse with guests about wine recommendations
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Be able to make a range of drinks and cocktails to high standard
- Actively commit to the clubs ethos
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working in a busy bar environment
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in a supervisory position
- Strong knowledge of wines, spirits and cocktails
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training
- Proven experience of working in a cocktail bar or similar environment
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May – October)
- EU Passport Holder