The Peli Deli Kitchen offers a laid back alternative to our busy club restaurants where our guests can enjoy simple food, done well, whilst enjoying views of the Ionian Sea. A two minute drive from the club, the Deli not only welcomes our guests but is also open to walk-ins and visitors to the local port.
We are looking for talented chefs to run the Deli kitchen, producing delicious meals in the restaurant and producing fresh produce and homemade treats for the Deli. Our Deli Chefs are creative team players who love what they do and are excited to share it with our guests.
Open daily, our deli kitchen team prepare a variety of dishes from Ottolenghi-style salads to homemade quiches, open sandwiches to charcuterie boards and delicious pasta and pizzas, all alongside daily specials that take advantage of fresh, local produce.
Breakfast is a balance of healthy options and old favourites, accompanied by a delicious hot coffee or fresh fruit smoothie. Our lunch menu offers a selection of freshly prepared deli style dishes and sharing boards, along with our wood-fired pizzas which are also extremely popular with families looking for an early supper. The evening sees a bit of a transformation with a more elaborate menu and daily specials featuring local, seasonal ingredients.
The Deli also stocks a large variety of fresh produce for guests to take away with them, from everything they might need for a barbeque in their villa, to freshly made hummus, tzatziki and pasta sauces as well as freshly baked breads and sweet treats.
In addition to the restaurant and the deli, the team also prepare a variety of food hampers that guests can enjoy at their villas with minimal cooking, allowing them to make the most of their precious holiday time.
This is a fantastic role for someone who expresses themselves through food, is self-motivated and enjoys working in a small team. The Peli Deli is still a relatively new addition to The Peligoni Club, with a great deal of potential and we are looking for chefs with the passion and commitment to make it a real success.
- Manage a section within the Deli kitchen
- Work with the Deli Head Chef to ensure that all produce sold in the Deli is presented attractively and packaged and labelled correctly, with clear information on allergens
- Effectively communicate ordering requirements with the Deli Head Chef
- Contribute to the creation of new menus and dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to specific standards
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Maintain good profit margins on food
- From time to time you may be required to work in the club kitchens
Abilities & Expectations
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting new dishes
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, proactive and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a chef in a full-service restaurant
- Pastry and/or baking experience is desirable
- Available for the full season (May – September/October)
- EU Passport Holder