Our beach team has always been integral to creating the vibrant and welcoming atmosphere that our guests have come to know and love – enthusiasm, confidence, a can-do attitude and a great sense of humour are a must. We introduced Wing Foiling to the club last summer with great success and are looking for instructors keen to share their passion for the sport.
Watersports are a huge part of The Peligoni Club experience and our coastal location is designed to ensure that our guests get the best of the beautiful Ionian Sea. Whether it’s wakeboarding, a ringo ride, or an afternoon of sailing, The Peligoni Club is the perfect place to enjoy a watersports holiday in Greece
We like to do things well and that means having the right tools, the right people and the right approach. We equip the beach with the best equipment from the world’s top manufacturers, including sailing boats from Laser Performance and RS sailing, windsurfing and foiling equipment from Tushingham and Severne, and ski boats by Axis.
Lessons are a mixture of one-to-one and group progressions sessions as we aim to encourage as many guests as we can to get out and have fun on the water in a safe and beautiful environment. Guests can also take advantage of our weekly RYA Level 2 Powerboat Handling course, giving the opportunity to learn new skills they can take home with them.
Our instructors are all certified by the RYA or ISA, many of them in multiple disciplines; they are the life and soul of the club, with outgoing can-do attitudes to inspire the young and give confidence to the nervous. We are looking for a fun and energetic team, keen to share their passion for the water with guests of all ages and to inspire, motivate and reassure them in order to help them reach their potential.
- Provide a high standard of safety and instruction for guests and staff using the beach
- Daily wingsurfing and/or wingfoiling instruction
- Daily windsurfing and/or dinghy instruction, where suitably qualified
- Deliver daily progression sessions based on guests’ abilities
- Deliver regular and meaningful group sessions to our younger guests
- Meet and greet guests in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Cover safety and implement water safety precautions
- Assist with daily maintenance and upkeep of the beach and its equipment
- Work with the rest of the team to run the club’s weekly regatta
- Provide support to the childcare team when they are carrying out water-based activities.
- Implement and participate in a ‘bad weather’ programme
- When required, participate in evening events at the club, including the weekly beach team ‘skit’
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Passionate about watersports and coaching
- Safety conscious
- Fun and outgoing
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- RYA Wingfoiling Instructor
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 and RYA Safety Boat (or the ISA equivalent)
- RYA Dinghy OR Windsurfing Instructor is desirable
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Enhanced DBS Check
- International Certificate of Competence (ICC)
- Proven experience of instructing in a watersports centre
- Available for the full season (May – October) or peak season (July & August)
- UK/EU Passport Holder
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?