With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food is an integral part of their holiday and our team of waiters and waitresses, led by our Restaurant Supervisors and Manager, are at the forefront. The club has one main restaurant along with four bars which together serve breakfast, lunch, dinner and a variety of snacks at various points during the day.
The Peligoni Restaurant
Breakfast is a balance of healthy options and old favourites. Early-risers and families with young children typically start arriving for breakfast from 8am. Service continues throughout the morning with guests surfacing at different times and having either a relaxed breakfast or a quick bite before heading out on a paddle board.
Lunch starts from midday and is one of the busiest times of day – during peak season we host as many as 300 guests over lunchtime. Some guests will want a quick lunch before an afternoon sail and some will want to have a more leisurely afternoon over a bottle, or two, of rose. The lunchtime menu focuses on family dining, offering something for all, including delicious tapas style dishes, healthy superfood salads, juicy burgers, fresh fish done simply, thin crust pizzas loaded with generous toppings and locally-inspired sharing plates.
Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night and the restaurant will be transformed according to the day’s theme. Dinner is usually more formal than lunch and the service offered will reflect this. During peak season, the restaurant might host up to 130 guests in the evening and our twice-weekly Party Nights are always extremely popular – one of these always has a fancy dress theme and staff are encouraged to join in the fun.
In addition to our club food and beverage offerings – with a growing collection of beautiful properties on offer – we also provide a villa host service which allows guests the opportunity to indulge in some fantastic homemade food without having to leave the comfort of their villa. The restaurant team also have the opportunity to assist our Villa Hosts providing a fantastic in-villa service with one of our tailor-made hampers filled with pre-made or ready to cook dishes. This involves assisting preparing dishes, serving meals and cleaning up afterwards, allowing guests to make the most of their precious holiday time.
From time to time, the club hosts some fantastic events, from elaborate weddings for 200 guests to intimate milestone birthday parties, we encourage all of our team to get involved!
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for an Restaurant Supervisors to take on the day to day running of our restaurant alongside the Restaurant Manager. This will involve ensuring that the front of house team operate efficiently and deliver a high level of service, whilst maintaining the club’s vibrant holiday atmosphere.
Working closely with the rest of the management team, they will ensure that menus are prepared and communicated in good time, the team are fully briefed on any of the day’s special events and that all aspects of food and drink service are covered.
This is a challenging role that requires a passion for great service, commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to manage a team with varied experience in what can often be a high-pressure environment. It is also an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from developing a team.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Supervise the day to day running of the restaurant
- In the absence of the Restaurant Manager, assume the role of Maitre’D during service times
- Greet guests in a friendly, yet professional manner
- Introduce guests to the menu and advise on any daily specials
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the menu and answer any questions guests may have
- Understand different dietary requirements and food allergies
- Set tables and ensure the restaurant is ready for service
- Take orders for food and drink
- Ensure the restaurant and other dining areas are well maintained
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- With the Head Chef and Restaurant Manager, ensure menus are prepared and communicated in good time
- Encourage and maintain good communication with the kitchen and other F&B Departments
- Attend daily management meetings and ensure information is passed down and actioned by your team
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an efficient manner
- Co-ordinate table reservations, maximising capacity in the restaurant
- Meet and greet guests and ensure all are well looked after
- Confidently give guidance & menu recommendations answering any questions guests have
- Understand different dietary requirements and food allergies
- Motivate your team to upsell and meet weekly targets
- Assist the other Food and Beverage departments where and when required
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Ensure adequate stock levels of supplies and consumables for the restaurant and manage orders and stock rotation
- Ensure all bills are settled correctly
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop a team
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, pro-active and flexible
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- A minimum of 3 years experience of working in a restaurant environment
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a supervisory position
- Previous Cash Handling and till reconciliation experience
- Extensive Food & Beverage knowledge
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems is desirable
- A Barista qualification or evidence of Barista training is desirable
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate desirable
- First Aid Certificate desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa