With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food is an integral part of their holiday and our restaurant team are at the forefront.
We are looking for experienced Restaurant Supervisors to support the day to day running of our two club restaurants, The Terraces and Tasi, and our sister restaurant, Mikro Nisi. With guidance from the Restaurant Manager this will involve ensuring that the front of house team operate efficiently and deliver a high level of service, whilst maintaining the club’s vibrant holiday atmosphere.
The Club is home to two busy restaurants: The Terraces, open for lunch and dinner, seats around 80 covers with a menu featuring dishes cooked on the barbeque and fire table.
Tasi is open daily for breakfast, serving a balance of healthy options and old favourites and also provides an informal setting for lunch with Mediterranean bistro-style dishes which can be enjoyed with a bottle of wine and a stunning view of the Ionian sea.
The most recent addition to the Peligoni family is Mikro Nisi, a short drive along the coast from the club – a modern Greek fish taverna open for lunch and dinner daily with a sharing, mezze style menu inspired by local ingredients and it’s seafront setting.
Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night. The Courtyard hosts weekly events including our family barbeque and food festival nights: open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls where our chefs produce creative and tasty street food. In addition to our usual weekly agenda we also host guest chef evenings, private parties and weddings that all require an extra eye for detail.
Each restaurant has it’s own Restaurant Manager, who you will be reporting to. This is a challenging role that requires a passion for great service, commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to manage a team with varied experience in what can often be a high-pressure environment. It is also an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from developing a team.
- Support the Restaurant Manager in the day to day running of the restaurant
- Assume the role of Maitre’D during service times
- Ensure the restaurants and other dining areas are well maintained
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Ensure menus are communicated in good time
- Encourage and maintain good communication with the kitchen team and other food & beverage departments
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an effective and efficient manner
- Confidently give guidance and menu recommendations answering any questions guests have
- Understand different dietary requirements and food allergies
- Assist the other food & beverage departments where and when required
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Ensure all bills are settled correctly
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop a team
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working in a restaurant environment
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a supervisory position
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training
- Strong food & beverage knowledge
- Previous experience with EPOS till system
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate desirable
- A valid First Aid Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May – October)
- EU Passport Holder