We are looking for experienced ski boat drivers, keen to share their passion for the water with guests of all ages and to inspire, motivate and reassure them in order to help them reach their potential. Our waterfront team have always been integral to creating the vibrant and welcoming atmosphere that our guests have come to know and love – enthusiasm, confidence, a can-do attitude and a great sense of humour are a must.
Our coastal location is ideal for watersports and with the breezy nature of the afternoons, we also have fantastic calm, flat water in the mornings. The water ski and wakeboard team operates from 7am every morning to take advantage of the very best conditions Zakynthos has to offer, for as long as the weather permits, resuming in the evening if the wind dies off.
Sessions are offered throughout the morning for guests of all abilities from veteran skiers to children learning for the first time. As the conditions begin to change in the afternoon, we offer crazy sofa and ringo rides, which are popular with guests of all ages.
All of our motorised watersports are extremely popular and our brand new Axis T220s will get booked up very quickly. The ski team must ensure that the boats are always well maintained and kept in excellent working order to avoid any disappointed guests.
Our ski boat drivers must hold a Greek Waterski Coach License. We do also have limited positions available to BWSW certified coaches. The beach team as a whole are the life and soul of the club, with outgoing can-do attitudes to inspire the young and give confidence to the nervous. We are looking for enthusiastic Water Ski and Wakeboard Coaches to join our team and deliver fun, engaging and safe lessons to guests of all ages and abilities.
- Provide a high level of safety and instruction
- Deliver daily water skiing and wakeboarding instruction and coaching
- Man the ski reception and work closely with the reception team to manage an online schedule
- Meet and greet guests in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Regularly refuel ski boats
- Daily maintenance and upkeep of the ski boats
- Ensure clear communications to both guests and other departments about current conditions
- Implement and participate in a ‘bad weather’ programme
- Ensuring that billing is completed accurately by the end of each day
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
Abilities & Expectations
- Situationally aware and forward thinking boat handling
- Passionate about watersports and coaching
- Safety conscious
- Fun and outgoing
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Have a strong understanding of, and the ability to adjust to weather/sea conditions
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Greek Water Ski Coach License
- A minimum of 1 years (or 1 seasons) experience of driving & coaching
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Confident swimmer
- Proven experience of coaching in a watersports centre
- Proven experience of coaching children
- Available for the whole season (May-October) or peak season (late June – early September)
- EU Passport Holder