We are looking for dedicated and experienced Sous Chefs to join our team and support the running of our club restaurants, The Terraces and Tasi, and our sister restaurant, Mikro Nisi.
This is a challenging, yet rewarding role for a talented sous chef looking to broaden their experience in a stunning environment. They will need to be self-motivated and pro-active, able to lead a small team and have a real passion for what they do.
The Club is home to two busy restaurants: The Terraces, open for lunch and dinner, seats around 80 covers with a menu featuring dishes cooked on the barbeque and fire table. Tasi is open daily for breakfast, serving a balance of healthy options and old favourites and also provides an informal setting for lunch with Mediterranean bistro-style dishes which can be enjoyed with a bottle of wine and a stunning view of the Ionian sea.
The most recent addition to the Peligoni family is Mikro Nisi, a short drive along the coast from the club – a modern Greek fish taverna open for lunch and dinner daily with a sharing, mezze style menu inspired by local ingredients and it’s seafront setting.
Throughout the low season we also host our Guest Chef Series. Now in it’s sixth year, accomplished chefs join us each week working directly with our kitchen team to showcase their talent and produce a delicious and exciting menu to dazzle foodie fans, staff and guests alike. In previous years we have be joined by Ellis Barrie, Jackson Boxer, Neil Rankin, Tom Brown, James Cochran, Romy Gill, Tim Siadatan, The Happy Pear and Gill Meller, to name a few.
As Sous Chef, you will be responsible for supporting the Head Chef with the day to day running of the kitchen and motivating the kitchen team to produce consistent, good quality dishes throughout the summer season.
- Work with the Head Chef to oversee the restaurants and to deliver all food related events on our weekly agenda
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Communicate effectively with the Head Chef to manage ordering requirements
- Work with the Head Chef to maintain profit margins and minimise waste
- Contribute to the creation of new dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to specific standards
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
Abilities & Expectations
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to keep a team motivated in a high pressured environment
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting new dishes
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, proactive and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Up to date Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a chef in a full-service restaurant
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a supervisory role
- Experience in a 2 Rosette restaurant is desirable
- Available for the full season (May – October)
- EU Passport Holder