The Peli Deli Kitchen offers a laid back alternative to our busy club restaurants where our guests can enjoy simple food, done well, whilst enjoying views of the Ionian Sea. A two minute drive from the club, the Deli not only welcomes our guests but is also open to walk-ins and visitors to the local port.
We are looking for someone to support and assist our Deli Manager with the day to day running of the Deli’s front of house. This will involve ensuring that the Deli team operate efficiently and deliver a high level of service, whilst maintaining the friendly and vibrant holiday atmosphere.
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the Peli Deli Kitchen has something for everyone. Breakfast is a balance of healthy options and old favourites, accompanied by a delicious hot coffee or fresh fruit smoothie. Our lunch menu offers a selection of freshly prepared deli style dishes and sharing boards, along with our wood-fired pizzas which are also extremely popular with families looking for an early supper. The evening sees a bit of a transformation with a more elaborate menu and daily specials featuring local, seasonal ingredients.
The Deli also stocks a large variety of fresh produce for guests to take away with them, from everything they might need for a barbeque in their villa, to freshly made hummus, tzatziki and pasta sauces as well as freshly baked breads, homemade quiches and sweet treats. The shop stocks a range of groceries and essentials, including an excellent selection of wines. Several guests pre-order shopping prior to their arrival which is all managed from the deli.
In addition to the restaurant and the deli, the team also prepare a variety of food hampers that guests can enjoy at their villas with minimal cooking, allowing them to make the most of their precious holiday time.
We are looking for a versatile team who can look after guests dining in the restaurant, as well as upsell produce in our Deli. Our Peli Deli team need to be attentive waiters, experienced in making coffees and serving wine as well as knowledgeable sales people able to make confident recommendations to guests buying produce to take away with them.
This is a challenging role that requires a passion for great service, commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to manage a team with varied experience in what can often be a high-pressure environment. It is also an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from developing a team.
- Assist the Deli Manager with the day-to-day running of the Deli
- Ensure the Deli, both front and back of house, is always well maintained
- Maintain a high standard of service with the aim of exceeding our guest’s expectations
- Coordinate table reservations, maximising capacity in the restaurant
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- With the kitchen team, ensure daily specials are prepared and communicated in good time
- Ensure the Deli Restaurant is ready for service
- Greet guests in a friendly, yet professional manner
- Introduce guests to the Deli and communicate effectively with regards to how it works
- Understand different dietary requirements and food allergies
- Confidently give guidance & menu recommendations
- Encourage and maintain good communication amongst the Deli team and with the club team
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an efficient manner
- Ensure all bills are settled correctly
- Cash handling, float management and till reconciliation
- Key holder responsibilities including opening up and closing down, ensuring the deli is secure at all times
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Assist with food preparation and packaging for the Deli where required
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
Abilities & Expectations
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- Previous experience working in a restaurant or cafe/deli environment, with at least one year in a supervisory position
- Proven barista experience
- Previous cash handling and till reconciliation experience
- Strong food & beverage knowledge
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- An up to date First Aid Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May – October)
- A Full driving license is desirable
- EU Passport Holder