Unlike many hotels or beach resorts, our staff are the life and soul of the club. A group of friendly, professional and extremely hard working people, Peligoni staff make our guests’ holiday a memorable experience. We are looking for a creative chef to look after our staff canteen and provide delicious and exciting meals for our diverse team.
Everyone has a different idea of what good food is and as a result we a looking for someone to offer varied daily meals to cater for all of our staff across breakfast, lunch and dinner. The club has over 150 seasonal staff who have different tastes and requirements. Whether it’s a high protein diet for our fitness fanatics, a light but tasty dish for those with smaller appetites or flavoursome favourites for those craving a bit of home comfort; the food our team eat is a huge part of job satisfaction which is why we are looking for a enthusiastic individuals who are ready to quickly become the most popular people in the club!
Working closely with our kitchen team with a variety of fresh ingredients our Staff Chefs have a challenging yet rewarding role, ideal for those who have a passion for good food, love to share their interest with others and thrive on the buzz of a busy professional kitchen.
With so much going on at the club – busy lunch service, evening events and our famous Guest Chef series there’s an opportunity to get involved, learn new skills and broaden your experience.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Provide healthy and balanced meals in the staff canteen
- Work with the Head Chef to control food cost and minimise waste
- Effectively communicate ordering requirements with the Head Chef
- Ensure staff dietary requirements are understood and catered for with quality dishes
- Take responsibility for the staff canteen ensuring it is stocked and clean at all times
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to specific standards
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
Abilities & Expectations
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting new dishes
- Ability to work within a budget
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, pro-active and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- Proven experience as a chef, catering for a large number of people
- Previous experience in a full-service kitchen is desirable
- Available for the full season (May – October)
- EU Passport Holder