The Peligoni Club is a family-run beach club in Greece. It’s a members-only retreat for a fun-loving bohemian crowd who want delicious food, creative cocktails, friendly staff and sumptuous settings, but without all the fuss that usually comes with high-end hotels.
With so many moving parts, this is a huge operation and we are looking for an Assistant General Manager who is passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences and ensuring the smooth operation of our club. This is a hands-on role which will involve a large amount of problem solving and getting stuck in wherever is needed; you will be guest facing and the first point of call for any issues, complaints and emergencies.
Small and personal with a focus on quality over quantity, the club moulds itself around our guests and their idea of the perfect holiday. For some that might be an action packed week of watersports, yoga and tennis and for others that might be a series of long lazy lunches, time in the sun and being able to really let their hair down whilst our childcare team look after the little ones; whatever they feel like, we’ve got it covered.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated and confident all-rounder with an impeccable attention to detail who can ensure a consistently high level of service throughout the club. They must have a commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to manage and motivate a large team with varied experience and responsibilities in what can often be a high-pressure environment.
The ideal candidate will have a background in hospitality management, strong leadership skills, and a commitment to the club’s ethos and upholding high standards of service and quality. This is a challenging role, reporting directly to the General Manager and plays a crucial role in overseeing day-to-day operations. There is also scope for this to become a permanent year-round role, becoming part of the full time Operations Team in the UK.
- Act on behalf of the General Manager in their absence
- Have an extensive understanding of all aspects of the operation
- Assist in the overall management of the club, including but not limited to, front of house, watersports, spa, childcare, food and beverage outlets and special events
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to department managers throughout the season
- Oversee the day to day running of the club – ensuring a consistently high level of service is delivered throughout, the club is always looking its best and all scheduled activities are well planned.
- Build strong relationships and rapport with guests
- Address and resolve any guest complaints
- Respond to any guest or staff emergencies in an effective and efficient manner
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Encourage a positive and collaborative work environment
- Ensure adherence to health and safety policies, cleanliness and hygiene standards
- Monitor financial performance and work towards achieving revenue and profit targets
- Identify opportunities for revenue growth and cost savings
- Maintain good relationships with local suppliers and contacts
- Proven experience in a managerial role within the hospitality industry, preferably in a beach club or luxury resort
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, operations etc)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage, motivate and develop a team
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ‘guest-first’ approach
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to challenges
- Effective communicator
- Familiarity with health and safety and hygiene standards
- Good understanding of accounts and EPOS systems
- A valid First Aid Certificate is desirable
- Full driving license is desirable
- Available to start mid-April
- UK/EU Passport Holder