The Peligoni Club are looking for dedicated and experienced Head Chefs to join our team and oversee the kitchen operations of our club restaurants, The Terraces and Tasi, and our sister restaurant, Mikro Nisi.
As the Head Chef, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the direction of our restaurants, ensuring the highest standards of food quality, flavour and presentation.
The Club is home to two busy restaurants: The Terraces, open for lunch and dinner, seats around 80 covers with a menu featuring dishes cooked on the barbeque and fire table. Tasi is open daily for breakfast, serving a balance of healthy options and old favourites and also provides an informal setting for lunch with Mediterranean bistro-style dishes which can be enjoyed with a bottle of wine and a stunning view of the Ionian sea.
The most recent addition to the Peligoni family is Mikro Nisi, a short drive along the coast from the club – a modern Greek fish taverna open for lunch and dinner daily with a sharing, mezze style menu inspired by local ingredients and it’s seafront setting.
Throughout the low season we also host our Guest Chef Series. Now in it’s sixth year, accomplished chefs join us each week working directly with our kitchen team to showcase their talent and produce a delicious and exciting menu to dazzle foodie fans, staff and guests alike. In previous years we have be joined by Ellis Barrie, Jackson Boxer, Neil Rankin, Tom Brown, James Cochran, Romy Gill, Tim Siadatan, The Happy Pear and Gill Meller, to name a few.
This is a challenging, yet extremely rewarding role that requires a passion for great food and service, commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to manage a team with varied experience in what is a high-pressure environment. It is also an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from developing a team.
- Overall responsible for all aspects of the kitchen operations
- Lead, inspire and mentor a team of kitchen staff, including sous chef, CDPs and kitchen assistants
- Set high standards and ensure consistency in food preparation and presentation
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef to create innovative daily specials that meet the preferences and expectations of our guests at different points of the season (i.e. low season, high season). Develop existing menu, introduce new dishes and adapt recipes as needed
- Maintain strict quality control measures to ensure the high standards are maintained
- Train and develop a skilled and motivated team, encouraging a culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback
- Manage inventory, ordering and stock rotation to minimise waste and maximise cost-efficiency. Monitor and control food costs whilst maintaining high quality standards
- Work closely with the front of house team to ensure a seamless dining experience for our guests
- Schedule shifts, paying attention to labour costs, ensuring adequate coverage during peak hours and special events
- Proven experience as a Head Chef
- Extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Extensive knowledge of culinary techniques, cuisines and food safety standards
- Experience in managing a diverse team
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Exceptional creativity and a passion for innovation
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Effective communicator
- Strong organisational and time management abilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-pressured environment
- Knowledge of cost control and budget management
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- An up to date Food Hygiene certificate
- Available for the full season (May – October)
- EU Passport Holder