With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food is an integral part of their holiday. Our kitchen team provide an array of interesting varied meal options to suit all tastes.
We are looking for a talented pizza chefs for our Deli and Terraces Restaurant, specialising in producing delicious sourdough pizzas in our wood fired oven as well as assisting with creating delicious simple meals in the restaurant. Our Chefs are creative team players who love what they do and are excited to share it with our guests.
The Club is home to two busy restaurants: The Terraces, open for lunch and dinner, seats around 80 covers with a menu featuring dishes cooked on the barbeque and fire table, as well as a variety of pizzas. Tasi is open daily for breakfast, serving a balance of healthy options and old favourites and also provides an informal setting for lunch with Mediterranean bistro-style dishes which can be enjoyed with a bottle of wine and a stunning view of the Ionian sea.
The Peli Deli Kitchen offers a laid back alternative to our busy club restaurants where our guests can enjoy simple food, done well and is a just a two minute drive away. Open daily, our Deli Chefs prepare a variety of dishes from Ottolenghi-style salads to homemade quiches, open sandwiches to charcuterie boards and delicious wood-fired pizza.
This is a fantastic role for someone who expresses themselves through food, is self-motivated and enjoys working in a small team. As a Peligoni chef, you are part of a wider chef team, operating across multiple kitchens. You will therefore naturally get to work in our other kitchens as well, and have the opportunity to experience different cuisines and service styles.
- Manage the pizza section in the Deli Kitchen or Terraces Restaurant
- Prepare dough daily and create daily pizza specials
- Assist in cross training other chefs to gain further experience with pizzas
- Assist other sections of the kitchen as and when needed
- Effectively communicate ordering requirements with the relevant Head Chefs
- Contribute to the creation of new menus and dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to specific standards
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Maintain good profit margins on food
Abilities & Expectations
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting new dishes
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, proactive and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Experience operating a wood fired pizza oven
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- A minimum of 1 years experience as a chef in a full-service restaurant
- A minimum of 6 months experience as a pizza chef
- Available for the full season (May – October)
- EU Passport Holder